Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Roasted Pepper Chicken

"On The Go"


Life getting hectic is not an excuse for not cooking for love!

This has been a particularly busy week for me yet by stimulating my "Little Chef Cells" I created an easy, tasty "On the Go" dish.

I compromised two of the ingredients - the roasted peppers and tomatoes.
Normally I would create these from scratch but owing to my "busyness" purchased these from our local supermarket. To clear my conscience I bought Spanish peppers and Italian tomatoes. Both countries excel in this type of product.

So hop on the 'chef express' and let's get going!

Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs - off the bone and skinned
1 340ml jar of roasted red peppers
1 398ml can of tomatoes
1 large zucchini - peeled and cubed
1 large Vidalia (or sweet) onion - peeled and sliced
1/2 cup of organic chicken broth
1 tbs of Mrs Dash grilling spice
2 cloves of garlic - smashed and chopped
2 tbs Mrs. Balls chutney - peach or regular
1 sprinkle of canola oil
Salt to taste (for health reasons I do not use much salt in my cooking so go ahead and season according to your taste and lifestyle)

Process:
Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees farenheit
Pre-heat a frying pan and pour in the canola oil
Brown off the chicken on both sides and place in a casserole dish
Remove chicken and toss in your onions, garlic and zucchini
Sprinkle with Mrs Dash
Saute mixture for 5 minutes
After 4 minutes pour in the chicken broth
Cook mixture for 1 minute
Remove from pan and place in the casserole dish
Add your tomatoes, chutney and roasted peppers
Cover with a lid and place in the oven

Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes
During this time taste and season with salt

Remove and let sit for 10 minutes

Serves you, your love and a guest (or as a left over) 

So, again, no excuses, create and be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment